Home > MFPS Education > Holistic Learning, Our Quest > Three Learner-Centred Approaches > Differentiated Instruction (DI)
Differentiated Instruction (DI)
School Vision for Learning and Teaching: Engaged Learners, Future Ready
“ Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardour and attended to with diligence. ” – Abigail Adams
We believe that every pupil can learn and that every learner is unique in his or her pace of development and learning styles. We offer a rigorous and engaging academic programme that has proven to consistently achieve positive outcomes. To cater to the different learning needs of our pupils, we differentiate our instruction through content, process, product or the environment to enable all pupils to achieve their fullest academic potential.
As part of MFPS talent development, we stretch our pupils that demonstrate academic aptitude, providing ample challenging opportunities for them to deepen their knowledge and skills. Our approach expresses our aim to nurture Discoverers with the Courage to Venture and Reach Beyond the Horizon (Découvrez).
Opportunities are provided to broaden pupils’ learning experiences, including participation in competitions, enrichment programmes, benchmark assessments and overseas exchange programmes.
We provide additional learning support to our pupils according to their needs so that they are empowered to achieve their best. A range of customised support programmes are available to strengthen their learning foundation and build their self-esteem and confidence.
MFPS Découvrez Stretch Programme
- Project Galaxy
- Science Detective Programme, Science Innovation Programme (IvP)
- Competitions and Benchmark Assessments: Mathematics and Science Olympiads, Little Professor Science Research Programme, Singapore Youth
- Science Fair (SYSF), International Competitions and Assessments for Schools (ICAS), Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi (HSK), Youth Chinese Test (YCT), Inter-School National Scrabble championships, RHB-The Straits Times National Spelling Championships, etc
- Overseas Academic Exchange Programme
MFPS Support Programmes
- Academic Support Programmes in English, Mathematics and Science
- Learning Support Programme (LSP) for English and Learning Support for Mathematics (LSM)
- Mayflower Primary School Literacy Excellence (MAPLE)
- School-based Dyslexia Remediation (SDR) Programme
- Stellar Supplementary Programme (SSP)
- SINDA Project Teach
- Touch Young Arrows
- 4M Chinese Remedial Programme